Art at Mitchell Gallery, Annapolis, MD

Saturday, May 31, 2014

"Message from Abora"
10" x 8"
Collage on canvas
Faux stamp
It is very exciting to be a part of the Less <More Show at the Mitchell Gallery in Annapolis, MD.  All artwork had to be 10" x 8" or less including anything framed. I love postage stamps, rubber stamps, and stamping. "Message from Abora" includes a faux stamp created atop two real postage stamps to show the great edging.  It is a small pagoda scene, with found rocks and layered mountains in the background.  I cut out numbers and letters from magazine type to create a new "land".   This piece also includes my squiggle art tissue, collaged papers, and bubble wrap stamping. Many of these features appear in other pieces of my work.  
Check out my Postage Stamp People Sketchbook at the Brooklyn Art Library  
Faux Egyptian stamp in Sketchbook
or
                        
"Postcard from Eogra"
10" x 8" framed
Faux stamps
Paper collage
$200

2 comments:

  1. I've always liked Postcard From Eogra, but I always call it Egora in my head. So cool that you're branching out from just local shows. Did you go to this show?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations...hope you sell.

    ReplyDelete