Heart's Haven Lost

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Heart's Haven Lost
Collage on canvas 20" x 20"
Back at work on a new challenge: Earth tones.  This is for the members invitational at the Oliver Art Center in Frankfort.  Reception is on June 7th with the show running until July 7.  Used my favorite materials: vintage paper, old barn photo, corrugated cardboard, dressmaker's tissue, gesso, Victorian calling card, old geography book text, a letter stencil, and other found objects.  Really love this relaxing color combination.  I'm hoping to evoke melancholy.  Enjoy.

3 comments:

  1. I love this one. Great colors. I like the exposed corrugated and all the different Xs. Kinda puts me in mind of hieroglyphics. Sure wish I could see these in person to get the full effect. Very nice, Beth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It works for me Beth. I love the materials, colours and textures

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is soooooo well resolved. Perfect tonal composition and I just love the earthy palette. What an exciting mix of elements.

    ReplyDelete