"Island Biker"

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

"Island Biker"
20" x 20"
Collage on canvas

So happy to hear that "Island Biker" has been accepted for the Manoogian Art Gallery Juried Exhibit on Mackinac Island.  This piece is mostly about paper:  tissue paper, antique book covers, some torn, black artist's paper, dictionary page, shorthand textbook page, book ends and paper, corrugated cardboard with dots, picket fence copied, an old tag up in the right hand corner, and assorted other pieces.  It also contains some washi tape, and that great lady biker image on a really old book cover.  To say the least, I am thrilled... two years in a row that I have been in this show.  Reception is June 26 if you happen to be on Mackinac Island or in the vicinity.  Hope the judges REALLY LIke it!  4/ 30  Delivered my art today.  49 entries. 20 accepted.  Can't wait to see the results.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE this one, Beth! The mono-tone feel, the grunge, the subject, all the texture. Fabulous! You have truly found your metier in the world of collage. I'm not the least bit surprised you're in the show again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If the judges don't like it they need their heads read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Beth your work is always so interesting and accomplished. I am going to be trying out watercolours soon as part of the 21 Secrets workshops I am doing. Fingers crossed I come up to scratch.
    Lynn xx

    ReplyDelete