"Waiting To Fly"

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

"Waiting To Fly" 16 x 24"  $325

One of my latest creations..."Waiting To Fly".  First, I have been recycling canvases I find at resale shops and covering them over with gesso.  This canvas started out with the beautiful red background, so I went with it.  I am trying out a new technique of using dots much like comic book/pop art style.  I really had fun with it.  The photo of my sister and myself is sewn to a black book cover. The large bird is an immature red -tailed hawk.  In the air is another red-tailed hawk.  When asked about the numbers...it indicates time.  This collage contains corrugated cardboard and rust.  It has stamped and stenciled dots. Enjoy! (A small hawk is sitting in the poplar tree just outside my window!  Amazing!) 

2 comments:

  1. That's so well done Beth. I LOVE it and the paterials you've used do cleverly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this one with all the hidden numbers and lots o' dots! I thought I saw an eagle the other day in a tree top by the lake, but maybe it was a hawk.

    ReplyDelete