Biggest Yet- 32 Seconds to Be

Thursday, August 2, 2012

"32 Seconds to Be"

I am getting ready for a juried show that requires artwork to be 36" on at least one side.  This is pushing me, since I have never done artwork this big, 24" x 36".  True to my usual behavior, what started out as one idea ended up totally different.  My found objects played a big part in how "it just happened".  This collage/mixed-media includes torn paper, corrugated cardboard, tissue paper, vintage paper, stamping, stenciling, painting, book parts, even a fortune, washi tape, and my favorite, a folding carpenter's ruler.  I have been thinking about time, how time passes so quickly, measuring  a moment, and that's what this is all about.  What is your interpretation?  I'd be interested in your reaction.  Please comment, I'm open to any feedback.  Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I did a series of collaged canvasses from things I collected from my walks over the moor and I called it my C.R.E.A.T.I.O.N. collection.

    Collect Recycle Everyone And Together Improve Our Nation

    Have a look at the picture at the top of my blog you can see some of them on my studio wall.

    Good luck, I think it looks great and I like the materials you are using.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. My initial reaction was that I liked the colors a lot. When I blew it up large on my screen, I saw two halves, divided vertically by the white ruler. The left half is lighter, more yellow, more cheerful, while the right side is darker, more serious. I found my eyes moving from the orange-on-yellow B on the upper left to the dark 32 diagonally down and right from it. All the B's and the patches of very dark color tie everything together for me. I like it very much. I've never worked that large either and feel like I'd get lost in it.

    ReplyDelete