Seth Apter Treasure Hunt-I'm IN

Friday, June 29, 2012

Seth Apter over at The Altered Page, has called for artists to be part of a treasure hunt to uncover artists and their work and continue the quest for community.   So, I have joined the treasure hunt.  Thanks, Seth.  Please take a peek at my work.  I am always happy to share.  Check out the other fabulous participants.

http://thealteredpage.blogspot.com/2012/06/treasure-hunt.html 

Here's one of my more recent creations:

"Kin" Assemblage

"Kin" Assemblage
This assemblage on canvas, 12" x12"x 1 1/2" is my latest in a series of word  inspired collage.  I used a tintype of my great-great grandfather, Samuel Bancroft on top of a McGuffy book cover used by many of my aunts in the one room school house just down the road.  The problem was that I didn't have the letter"K", but that was solved in the night when I recalled that I had some children's alphabet magnets. ..two choices, green or yellow.  When scrounging for some rusted washers in my husband's shop, he came across a native bone button.  That was the needed inspiration, "Kin" , all my relations.  Red, black, yellow, white.  and so it evolved.  It just happened.  Game pieces, feather embellishment.  Honoring the sky above and the earth below.  Rust from my dad's junk pile.  I love the way it came together.  That's the thrill of creating!  Enjoy!



8 comments:

  1. Thanks for spreading the word about Buried Treasure. "Kin" is a great piece. I love the background, the grouping of objects you used, and the way the composition brings the eye around the canvas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful art! I keep on looking - and it gets more meaning with your story of how this came to be. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great piece! I love seeing others' assemblages...very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. another kindred spirit, thanks for visiting my blog...now I will peruse yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your kind words. It was hard to pick a favorite piece, so please check out my other recent work including the Sketchbook Limited Project:2013.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am following the route of Seth Apter for his 'Treasure Hunt' and I like what I see on your blog.
    I love collages and also box collages too. I like what you are doing with your creative energy.

    Keep creating!
    Teresa in California
    http://amagcialwhimsy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely blog. thanks for sharing via The Altered Page. I've added your blog to my rss google reader. Look forward to reading more :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone for taking a peek at my blog. Feel free to take a look at my earlier works. A BIG thanks to Seth for creating this Treasure Hunt. I have enjoyed visiting new artists and checking out their work, words, and motivations. It is a great inspiration to me. One has led to another to another and so on. Seth, you Rock!

    ReplyDelete