Jan. 2012 MailArt-Transportation

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Front

Front


Back of envelope


Back of envelope
MailArt Transportation theme:  to my buds in California and Michigan.  Wanted to try something new, so made my envelope out of the cover of a used book "Orient Express".  Found that stamping on a glossy paper is a challenge and ended up using Stazon Ink.  Another new technique was to use mailing labels and run copies of stamps.  It gives a different look since the stamps are cut off.  Loved the postage stamps because they were transportation.  Also got a chance to use my Palmer Cox brownie stamp as a return address.  Tried to make it look like he is following the train.   I don't always have a great selection of postage stamps at my little Post Office, but the Car stamps were perfect.  Next month...Beatles songs.  I already have an idea in mind. 

1 comment: