September Paper Swap

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

(Paper I sent to Chris)
Paper Swap hostess at http://paper-swap.blogspot.com/ will explain all about her Paper Swaps. I signed up for the September paper swap not knowing what to expect. But...such fun...a paper swap with a lady who lives in Wales.


I saved and saved, created paper I thought she might like, found pictures in some children's books, added US postage stamps, tissue paper, vintage cards, some victorian seals, paper doilies, a page or two from a shorthand book, a few cards I have made, book end papers, pages from a vintage Sears catalogue, gampi tissue I had printed on, pieces from some of my favorite papers from a paper store in Ann Arbor, and I don't know what other paper I managed to slip in. Once I started, I just couldn't figure out what to remove. My friend loves rust and is into textiles, so I couldn't resist sending her some rust dyed doilies, sari ribbon, and antique embroidry floss in her favorite colors. Not paper, but a bonus. I made a mailart envelope and sent it off with my fingers crossed that everything would get there safely.

And then, that same week, I received her package. I raced all the way up the driveway and opened it. I scoured through the paper she sent before I left for the weekend and I'm now going back to check it out more closely. WOW! (pictures to come soon)


Check out the above website to find out more about the upcoming October Swap "Ordinary Paper". I did. It is a wonderful idea and mucho fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment