Postcard Swap~A Summer's Day...

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Postcard Swap with Creative Lenna














Theme: A Summer's Day .....



It says: "A Summer's Day is as sweet as butterfly kisses"


I sent my postcards off today hoping that they arrive safely. I sent a postcard to Lenna beforehand as did another participant. I thought it was such a nice idea, so I did it too.


Here is what I did to make my postcards:


On a piece of designed paper, I stamped with acrylic paint using my styrofoam design. Then I used a butterfly rubberstamp and a Tim Holtz butterfly stamp randomly around the paper. I cut the paper in 4"x5 3/4"sizes.


Next I cut out images. Used chalk ink around the edges of the saying which I created using the computer. Auditioned images ( thanks Lenna) until I was happy with the placement and glued them to the printed paper with a glue stick.


In this step, I put a coat of gel medium over the entire surface to make sure everything stayed in place. My work surface is waxed paper that I can turn over as I put on the gel medium.Using Yes glue and applied with an old credit card, I adhered my filefolder background to the butterfly front and used a brayer to get out any air bubbles. This time I used advertising flyers and turned the page as I put on the glue. It is very sticky and I wanted a smooth surface so I was really careful about going around the edges and evening out the middle. I added dot stamping over the top to give it more dimension. Here are my cards for the swap:


I'm sorry I didn't take a photo of the backs and the envelope when I sent them in. Maybe Lenna will post it when they arrive. Can't wait for the swap.

4 comments:

  1. Wow these are lovely B - I gotta get crackin on this as September will be here in NO time! Jewels

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, these are wonderful. Maybe I should go sign up, huh? The layering is really the key to a complex, interesting work of art, and it's something you're excellent at doing. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. After having seen these beauties I am really sorry that I didn't sign up for this swap. They are so incredibly beautiful.
    Angelika

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are soooo beautiful, beth! Thanks for sharing your techniques. xo lenna

    ReplyDelete