Thursday, June 9, 2011

Vintage Gluebook: Getting the Farm This spread is all about my mom and dad getting the land that they lived on and farmed. Although this is not the original paper, I copied the morgage that was paid on the acrage that was to become their land. The bottom part is from a ledger page showing payment. The stamps are from the envelope that held the land abstract. I saved the envelope but couldn't resist tearing off the stamps. The image of my parents is from 1948. The house and barn above them is the house I was raised in during a hard winter with snowbanks up to the telephone lines. (Does anybody ever talk about telephone lines today?). My book will only hold a few more pages, so I'm looking for pictures of my grandparents. That should do it.

1 comment:

  1. I really love these family history pages. Gives me the urge to get my me/mom/grandma journal back out and work in it. Nice job, Beth, and it's cool that you have so much old material to work with.

    ReplyDelete