Friday, June 3, 2011

Vintage Glue Book: Here is the little book I am going to use for my Gluebook class taught by Mary Green. When I found it in the thrift store, Free. I couldn't resist. I looked at the little Moleskin notebooks and decided in queen bee fashion that this was the book for me. So I got right to work gluing two pages together as Lenna had suggested. The pages seemed a little thin. I think there are about twenty spreads. I wonder if the book will get too thick. Ah well, we will see.


Such a sweet little book printed in India in 1952.

I cracked up because I as I went I was reading the meditations... I guess it was a good choice. Got busy today collecting vintage papers. Then I wondered how old vintage was and decided that if I was to use up paper, as Mary suggested, that I would have to use the photos of my family and since I am over 60, I considered myself vintage. I also thought it would be a great way to save pictures for my son and daughter-in-law. In a little book sooo.....


B&W photo of myself and my mom, vintage alphabet, words from a old children's book, images from a Kate Greenway book about flowers, a poem my mom would have liked, end paper from an old children's book, and the ripped spine from that same book. Whew~! Page 2&3 theme was me and how I was very curious as a child. I happened to find the illustration of the girl wearing a tartan shawl... and my dress is a tartan plaid. I have always loved birds and butterflies and always wondered. I let the text fill in the story.




I agree with Mary, when something else is needed, add a stamp. I also had to include the 6 from a school house stamp kit that I have had since a child.




There you have today's efforts. Yes, that's me, full of it!


I may go over this spread because I feel like the colors are too bright and shiny. I just don't have things in vintage colors to tone it down. I looked at the images Mary supplied, but didn't find anything I thought would fit. Perhaps I will add some music or another layer on the edge of the birds and flowers to see if that is better.


Now if I could just figure out how to use Blogger so I don't have that big space inbetween the end and the comments.
































































































2 comments:

  1. This looks like a great start, Beth! I love working in gluebooks and Mary has wonderful instructions. If the book gets to thick you can always remove pages like we went over in 4 artists 4 ways . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a marvelous start, you are a natural!

    ReplyDelete