Thursday, May 19, 2011



Small Works Show and Sale Off today to help at the reception of the Small Works show at the Dennos Museum Center in Traverse City. I have twenty new pieces ready for this sale. All work was to be no bigger than 5" x 7 " and priced no more than $50. The sale runs until Sun. during the NMC BBQ. It is an opportunity for artists to make a little money and for art lovers to buy a piece of art for cheap. A number of high profile artists from this area are always represented. In fact, last year I was between Charles Murphy (watercolor) and Glenn Wolff (mixed media). I sold 4 pieces last year and hope to sell 8 this year. It was the first show/sale for my art. The biggest thrill was when Paola Gianturco, famous photographer and "women's advocate", bought my collage called,"Balancing". Very fitting. She didn't have to travel around the world to be encouraging. Her purchase made me feel wonderful. Thanks, Paola. :) So, I am ready for an eventful evening.

2 comments:

  1. Beth, Beth, Beth.......
    Under $50 is not cheap.
    It's cost effective, it's economical, it's inexpensive, but it is never cheap.
    Be sure to let us know how it goes. I'd be fairly terrified to put my stuff out there for the public to gaze at, then perhaps look away...
    You're brave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leslie, you are so right. I have such a way with words!

    ReplyDelete